Like other professional bodies, we provide our members with the opportunity to develop their skills, acquire new skills and keep up with the latest development in our profession. We call this Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Professional development activities include:
- Masterclasses and workshops in musical performance
- Scholarship competitions for members’ pupils
- Seminars and webinars on musical education and business topics
- Participation in local competitions and festivals
- Performance activities in public concerts
- Attending conferences (our own and those of colleague organisations)
- Taking IRMTNZ training courses
- Playing leadership roles in the organisation
Members earn points for completing CPD events and activities which leads to the award of certificates.
We encourage members to keep a personal record of their CPD points.
We also provide our members with networking opportunities and encourage interaction through attending branch events as well as providing opportunities to interact online.
We have a wide variety of training courses which are available to members and non members. Our training uses distance e-learning and collaborative techniques and courses have one “contact workshop” component to enable some face-to-face learning.