Whaowhia te kete mātauranga – fill the basket of knowledge
Like other professional bodies, we provide our members with Professional Development (PD) opportunities to develop their skills, acquire new skills and keep up with the latest development in our profession.
Professional development activities include:
- masterclasses and workshops in musical performance
- scholarship competitions for members’ pupils
- seminars and webinars on musical education and business topics
- participation in local competitions and festivals
- performance activities in public concerts
- attending conferences (our own and those of colleague organisations)
- taking IRMTNZ training courses
- playing leadership roles in the organisation.
We encourage members to provide a record of their PD activities at the end of each financial year.
We also provide our members with networking opportunities and encourage interaction through attending branch events as well as providing opportunities to interact online.
We have a wide variety of training courses which are available to members and non-members. Our training uses distance e-learning and collaborative techniques and courses have one contact workshop component to enable some face-to-face learning.